05 February 2010

Pointless Nightwish video post + brief update

SACRAMENT OF WILDERNESS!



College is going well. Should probably get on my econ homework sooner rather than later, but for now I'm enjoying it. I fear I'm earning the reputation as the doomsaying latter-day prophet of Thomas Malthus in my macro class, but hopefully that won't last long. I still find it rather ironic, though, that it is taken as a principle in economics that all resources are limited and our wants unlimited, yet we talk about growth and equilibrium as though they are achievable or viable in perpetuity.

Oh well. It's pretty easy math, and I'll learn - hopefully enough to better appreciate what I don't yet know.

EDIT: I didn't realise Nightwish had added a riff from Dschinghis Khan's 'Moskau' to 'Sacrament', around 2:57. But it actually works - rock on!

No comments:

Post a Comment