24 April 2011

Pointless video post - ‘Revolution Calling’ by Queensrÿche!


As those in my development policy and administration class can attest, I’ve never been a fan of North American heavy metal (with the exception of Devin Townsend), but still I can’t believe it took me as long as it did to discover Queensrÿche’s early stuff - thank you, Joel, for bringing them to my attention! Operation: Mindcrime is possibly one of the most sublime and masterly pieces of prog-power I have ever heard; it’s right up there with Angra’s latest Shakespearean-themed release. (Of course, I enjoy both the operatic and the political overtones, pinko commie moonbat that I am.) Anyhow, gentle readers, please allow your ears to embrace the awesomeness that is early Queensrÿche; I will return with more substantive mud and mayhem after finals are finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment